Monday, 14 December 2015

Life just got in the way

Its been a long time since I posted anything here, I suppose life just got in the way. 
So much has happened since I last checked in, I don't even know where to start but here goes. 

Firstly my parents separated...I got a life changing new job... I was proposed to... I got a kitten named Steven...I got a new job again...I quit that job and got another job... I got married...Had a bit of a mental breakdown.. Got a new job and now I'm here.

Hows that snapshot for you. 

I forget when I stopped taking the time to do the things I really enjoy (like writing). I guess amidst , all of life's crazy moments I forgot to take time to do me. I have promised myself I won't let that happen again. 

Like all good stories I'm going to begin at the end, today the 15th of December 2015. 

Like most days I got up, fed the cat, drank my lemon infused water from Tea2 and walked out to the balcony. I'm a creature of habit you see, I enjoy routine, familiarity and I like my space. But today I really felt like I just had enough time to do NOTHING. 
Doing nothing can be a struggle for some people, and I used to think I'd never turn into someone that always and constantly had to be doing something. Looking back at the past 3 years Id say I have really pushed my limits to the fullest.
I don't know if its a female thing or maybe a getting older thing but I realise I am constantly anxious about whats to come, what I need to do, who I need to do things for etc. etc. and the list goes on.
Society preconditions us to always think we need to fulfil some expectation, that we can never sit down until we are dead on our feet. 

Anyway I'm tired of always feeling like I can do more and be more, I'm just a teeny, tiny speck of dust in this  big ol universe and I don't want to miss out on just being for a little while. 

On a more exciting note. I am getting back my wedding photography in 2 weeks so that should be interesting. 
If any ones ever planned a wedding you will know that its actually less fun that you expect it to be. Granted my partner and I were on a massive budget so that could have been a driving factor. 
It's almost like you need to do a whole other wedding just to get it exactly right, you know what I mean. Like a whole 2nd wedding to really do it the way it should have been the first time round. That's for a whole other post though, don't get me started. 

I will leave on this positive note
The best is always yet to come! and Never forget to take the time to do nothing once in a while. It's always harder then it looks.

XXX
J.E












No comments:

Post a Comment